Monday, June 22, 2009

Moving on

Our time at the luxury accomodations at the Marriott is behind us now. We spent a couple of days in Minneapolis doing some processing, which wasn't too bad. My arms are still sore from the shots I had to get, but I suppose it could be worse. Spending Fathers' Day there wasn't my favorite, but I did get to talk to Erin and the boys on Skype for just a little bit, so that was nice. The hotel was right across the street from the Mall of America. That place is absolutely huge! The "center court" of the mall, if you didn't know, is an amusement park, with 4 roller coasters, a ferris wheel, bumper cars, log flume, and others. Plus just about any store you can imagine. Today we are on our way to Ft. McCoy, WI, where we will do some more training and get some equipment. We stopped in Tomah for lunch, which also happens to be the same place I stopped so many times as a kid, heading up to vacation in Wisconsin from Illinois. Unfortunately, the cheese shop where we always stopped was just a bit too far to walk in the amount of time we had for lunch. This stop is going to make me want to bring the family up some other time to have the kind of vacation I always had as a kid...a lot of good memories up here. Well, that's it for now, we are pulling out and I'm going to lose my signal. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment