Wednesday, June 3, 2009

This is just the beginning

Well, so far is hasn't been too bad, at least on my end. In typical Army fashion, it is a little bit of "Hurry up and Wait." I drove up Sunday, stayed a night a Ft. Riley, KS, and then finished the trip to Omaha on Monday. I was very proud that the old truck made it! Now we are going through various training classes that are required before we can deploy, like Law of War, Rules of Engagement, etc, which is affectionately known as "Death by Powerpoint." At least the weather in nice in the mid 70's with a light breeze. Right now we are "roughing it" in the Omaha Marriott, but in a couple of weeks we go to Ft. McCoy, WI and life will get much more spartan. Erin, the boys, and I have tried out the webcams a couple of times. Our internet at home isn't all that fast, so the pictures are a bit blurry, but it beats the heck out of just a phone call. Maybe when Erin can move into town with better internet it will get better. I would like to tell everyone that has offered help to us, "THANK YOU!" The outpouring of support and knowing the family will be taken care of makes my end easier to handle. But then again, I have the easy job, worrying about the peace and security of Iraq. Erin is the real hero, carrying on at home and answering the questions of the boys that really have no easy answers. I just can't say how proud I am of her and how well she is taking this. Thanks again to everyone for all the prayers and support! Shawn

1 comment:

  1. Shawn,
    You do not have the easy job! Thank you for taking care of that job for us.
    With prayers,
    Harvel J.

    ReplyDelete